Over 400 attacks and threats against health workers in the area were reported, during the 10th Ebola response. Allegations of widespread sexual exploitation and abuse by aid workers working in this Ebola response were also rampant.
Insecurity Insight currently:
– monitors social media for an incitement to violence.
– monitors for reports of violence or threats of violence
– provides a reporting platform for sexual exploitation, harassment and abuse
– provides interactive data on attacks and threats to healthcare in our Security Incidents Map.
– monitors the latest COVID-19 developments impacting the security of response operations around the world.
The Monthly News Brief and the Social Media Monitoring are supported by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) of the UK government through the RIAH project at the Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute at the University of Manchester, UK. The monitoring of violence against the 10th Ebola response between September and December 2019 was funded by the H2H Fund which is supported by UK aid from the UK government.
Methodology and Definitions
Find out more about our methodology and definitions here.